Saturday 26 June 2010

Daily update + bill update 26th June

I've been so busy and tired I haven't blogged for the last few days. I seem to have hit a nice vein of freelance work at the moment. Unfortunately, it has also coincided with me starting work. Tres knackered.

I thought I'd do a stats update for this month as I'm sitting here working out my bill money for the end of the month. Hubby will once more have to lend me money but not so much this time thankfully.

Mortgage + buildings and contents insurance £631.77
Council Tax £125.00
Credit card 1 ~£165.00
Credit card 2 £ 11.75
Loan £189.08
Charity £ 18.00
Savings £ 5.00
National Insurance Contributions 2 £ 10.40 do not know if still paying due to new job
Interest payments on current accounts £22
Float of £10 in each current account £20
Sponsorship charity payments £10
Birthdays and anniversaries £50

Total £1258

I have £146.52 in current account 1 and need to transfer £300 from current account 2. This gives me £446.52/1258, so I am short £811.48 assuming the cheque from project 1 clears.

However, that does not take into account I have an overdraft facility which I use every month. Currently, I am not in my overdraft on Current Account 2, so I have a £200 facility to use there. As tempted as I am to say that now I'm out of it I should stay out of it, I am only on step 1 of Dave Ramsey's plan and need to accumulate an emergency account first, so I am going to continue using that account as normal.

That gives me £646.52/1258 and I am short £611.48.

Instead of asking for the full amount from hubby, I am going to take into account that my loan, which makes up £190 of that outstanding amount, is due on 15th July so technically I could wait another 10 days to see what money comes in and I might be able to pay that myself. If not, hubby will have had another two wage packets then and can give me it.

So, for now I need £421.48 from hubby. Call it £425.

This is the first time I have budgeted for forthcoming expenses in this way, which has made it all look a lot worse. I have yet to receive the £30 for the rock I sold on ebay, which is annoying me now as this could have been used to cover birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment