Saturday 19 June 2010

Update 19/6

It's Saturday morning and I have so much to do I'm not quite sure where to start.

The food budget went slightly wonky last night. I had planned to make us a curry and went out for a 40 minutes walk at 6:30pm before starting it. Then I got back in, lay on the bed and fell asleep. The next thing I know it's 8:15pm and hubby is waking me up to tell me he's going to KFC. He was so hungry I couldn't persuade him otherwise.

So that's £10 spent that didn't have to be because of my lack of planning. I could have put the curry on in the slow cooker earlier that day or put the curry on that evening, turned it down low and gone for my walk so it would be ready when I got back. The only golden lining is it ended up being a NGD for us and a NSD for me, plus we have an invite to a Father's Day buffet for tonight so I don't have to cook. That makes it another NGD today and, as I'm in today, another NSD. I will do the curry tomorrow.

Lesson learned.

I have some writing to do for a project today I have to begin roughing out a post with my budget and current grocery spending to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment