Wednesday 16 June 2010

Weekly meal plans

Nothing terribly exciting for meal plans for this week.

Breakfast for me is usually a bowl of bran flakes with sultanas, a couple of boiled eggs or toast with marmite and a banana. Hubby starts works at 6:15am and takes some kind of sarnie in at the moment, although this week I know he's been sneaking off with jam sandwiches. I'm convinced he's a cousin of Paddington Bear - he loves jam sandwiches so much and they are so not healthy. He claims they are because a) the jam is made with fruit b) the fruit in the jam is homegrown with no pesticides and c) I made the jam. he ignores the fact the jam is made with an equal weight of sugar to fruit. Can't fight that kind of twisted logic ;-)) He also takes with him either satsumas or bananas. I know he has food stashed at work that he doesn't want to tell me about until I get the thumbscrews out, which usually means he's scoffing cheap biscuits and sweets. he has such a sweet tooth, although at this rate he won't have any teeth at all.

Anyway, lunch for him is essentially the same as my breakfast choices; bran flakes with sultanas, a couple of boiled eggs or toast. At the weekend if we're extra good I'll do sweet pancakes and dark Italian coffee for breakfast.

Dinners this week are pretty boring with only one meat and one fish meal but I'll try and spice them up with chillis or herbs.

Monday - vegetable omelette and chips
Tuesday - tuna arrabiata with pasta
Wednesday - liver and onions with potatoes
Thursday - homemade vegetarian pizza
Friday - chickpea and kidney bean curry with couscous
Saturday - mushroom and courgette pancakes with potato cakes and extra veg
Sunday - naughty treat of either fried egg sandwiches with token salad or the whole hog; fried egg, chips and beans. Then we lie on the floor and groan with the indulgence of the whole thing.

Occasionally I might do desert, usually of the spotted dick variety (another food hubby is obsessed with) but usually I do enough dinner that desert is not required.

No comments:

Post a Comment