Sunday 20 June 2010

Update 20/6

Well the day started well and continued - that's a rarity!

Naughty cuddles, pancakes for breakfast and on my daily walk I found a whole bag of books, two of them published decades ago about the air war of the WWII which hubby was dead excited about me finding. So now I have a lovely lot of books to read during the mornings if hubby gives me a lift in.

We went to visit my parents for Father's Day and zoomed by the tip on the way. I managed to find a brand new double sheet, all clean and starched, plus a leather handbag that needed only a quick skim over with leather polish to bring it up good as new. Then my mother gave me a nearly new bra and some lovely facial refreshing mist and a few minutes later my father dug up a huge bunch of lemon balm from his border. Apparently the stuff grows like wildfire there. I have plans for a herb bed in the garden so this will really help me get it started.

Yet again I forgot to put something in the slow cooker before we went out, but I'm determined to not cook it on the stove so I will be throwing everything for the curry into the slow cooker and whacking it up on high for 90 minutes to see how that does. So we haven't had a NGD, but we have had a very low GD.

To stretch the food pennies a bit further, I cut down the bolted rocket and stripped off the lower third of each stalk's leaves with the intention of making a spicy rocket pesto. There should be a good two portions once whizzed in the food processor with oil. I've never done it before so I hope it is nice and not too spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment